2013 has felt like a strange year. It has been the first for me in many ways - the first full year being out of education, for a start! It certainly hasn't been perfect, and there are some weeks I wish I could erase from my memory, but on the whole, 2013 has brought nothing but good fun and lovely people.
Above, wearing a vintage style collar from Alice Hannah,
and a vintage cropped floral t-shirt from COW.
- I started running! This has to be the most rewarding hobby I've ever started (blogging included!) I became addicted to seeing how far I could push myself. It definitely helps to have a goal, and my 5k milestone soon turned into 10k. Who knows, half marathon next year maybe?
- I visited Paris with Liam. After years of daydreaming, my lovely boy whisked me off to the French capital in the snow, where we climbed the Eiffel Tower, drank lots of coffee in quaint cafés, tried (badly) to converse with the locals, and stood in awe next to a Van Gogh. Such a beautiful holiday.
- I was featured in More! magazine at the start of this year, which was completely surreal. Jazzpad has had a lovely year; I've worked with some wonderful brands, went on some fab meets and press days, and I hope this will continue right through 2014!
- A full year away from uni, I feel like this year I really did cement my career in PR. I was promoted at my agency to Account Exec, I managed 3 people and got some pretty awesome coverage in national papers including the Independent. I even won some new contracts on my own!
- Last but by no means least, this year I finally moved in with my lovely other half. With bare brick walls nestled in a converted brewery, it was definitely love at first sight. We've been in for 8 months now and despite the odd teething problem, we couldn't be happier.
I'm excited for next year but I know there are some tough times on the horizon. I want to be running again in the next week or so, and I want to get a little more headspace away from this busy world. Let's see shall we?