Evening campers! Today's blog post is is due to popular demand. I had a free afternoon and a box of eggs to spare, so armed with my new recipe book from British Lion Eggs I asked Twitter to decide what to make. And the winner is.... lemon curd. Tangy!
To make this scrummy spread, you will need:
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 4 egg yolks
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons
1. Measure the sugar, cubes of butter and lemon ingredients into a heat proof dish and melt slowly over a saucepan of simmering water. Be careful the water doesn't touch the bottom of the pan!
2. Whisk the mixture until smooth, while still on the heat.
3. When it's completely smooth, add the eggs one by one and whisk vigorously for three and a half motown songs - this is the hard part!
4. When it has started to thicken, pour into a jar like I have, cover with clingfilm and leave to set in the fridge.
I found that it took a couple of days to properly set, but it depends how runny you like it! Two days later it's perfect with dippy soldiers, and makes a yummy late night snack. If you want to find other tasty egg recipes (am I the only one who didn't know lemon curd had eggs in it?) check out these step-by-step instructions for low calorie meals. Toast is my crux when I'm peckish, what's yours?
It's been a few days since I blogged and in that time I've been a proper busy bee. Yesterday I took the train down to London to see this one before her birthday next week - I miss her SO much being in a different city. Can someone just, like, invent the floo network please?